In this episode Doktor64 repairs a PSU in a old 1541 floppy disk drive. The video covers the following procedures.
- How to repair a broken 1541 power jack connector (incl. line filter)
- Because of a short circuit inside the filter (shorten capacitor)
- How to modify the old 1541 transformer and LDOs with modern SMPS Power Supply PSU
- New modern switch mode power supply (1A @ 12V, 1A @ 5V) – 12V 5V Fully Isolated Switching Power Supply AC-DC Module
- Measure currents on 12V and 5V rail with ohmic load (about 1 ampere @ 12V and 5V
- Measure currents on 12V and 5V rail during max load (formating a disk)
- Measure temperatures @ worst case components (capacitors and diodes on 5V / 12V side)