I discovered the following review for the PRGress SD Card Reader today while surfing Youtube and after watching it dug up the information about this new piece of hardware for the Commodore 64.
The PRGress hardware is created and distributed by AMI64.com and you can find it in their store. The price is £30.00, which is currently $33.43 here stateside, and that includes the PRGress 64 SD Card Reader along with an 8GB SD Card.
From the AMI64.com store page:
PRGress SD Card Reader for Commodore 64
Faster than Tapuino, SD2IEC, PI1541 C64
PRGress Loader is similar to TAPuino but it doesn’t load TAP files, It loads PRG files instead, at incredibly fast speeds!
No tiny screen, no tiny buttons, No additional Power… Just Plug’n’Play
You use the built in browser to easily find what you want. Just plug in and PRGress is ready to go, hit SHIFT/RUN-STOP and PRGress’s Easy access Tapecart SD menu appears, choose the game you want and hit enter!
The package includes:
- PRGress MicroSD reader unit
- Preformatted 8GB, ready to use Micro SD Card (minimum 8gb card supplied)
- Quick start Guide
- Hardware is the slimmed down Tapuino by sweetlilmre.
- Software is the Tapecart by Unseen and enthusi
- Tapecart SD is a fork of tapecart that adds SD card support using the Tapuino by Kim Jorgensen