This is a port of the uae4all Amiga 500 emulator (based on UAE 0.8.22) to 3DS.
The current version is still alpha stage, may contain bugs and a lot of things are still to do. However, many games are already playable which is really cool and a lot of fun! The emulator runs pretty well on both O3DS and N3DS, however the extra speed on N3DS makes it even more enjoyable.
Download here: https://github.com/badda71/uae3DS/releases
- Create directory /3ds/uae3DS on your 3DS SD-card
- Put your kickstart ROM file in this directory. It must be called “kick.rom” and be a kickstart 1.3 image. The kickstart ROM is copyrighted material so don’t ask me where to get it from. You might get lucky by asking big G for “uae kickstart rom” …
- Copy any Amiga disk images that you might have (.adf, .adz) to a directory of your choice on your SD card
- Install CIA with FBI, run 3dsx from homebrew launcher (put 3dsx file in /3ds/uae3DS dir) or run 3ds from flash card.
- Apart from this, a DSP-dump is required for sound to work correctly in the CIA version.
- SELECT: open menu
- START: Toggle SuperThrottle
- Bottom Screen: Virtual Keyboard / Touchpad
- A button: joystick fire
- B button: joystick UP
- X button / ZL-button / double tap touchpad: left mouse button
- Y button / L button: right mouse button
- CPad, CStick, DPad: joystick
Current version is v0.2
- Possibility to map keys & save settings on SD card
- Status bar should move to bottom screen
- Option to scale/zoom screen and get rid of black borders
- nice to have (and hard to implement): attach an SD-card directory as Amiga hard drive
If anybody wants to help with these ToDos, you are welcome to help me with a pull request on github
Any other bugs can be reported here or on https://github.com/badda71/uae3DS/issues