Popular C64 emulator for the mac, VirtualC64, has been updated to version 3.3.
The following updates have been recorded in the v3.3 changelog:
- All emulator preferences dialogs have been merged into a unified preferences panel.
- New options in the emulator settings allow the user to customize the actions taken when opening a media file.
- The input device selection is now retained in the user default storage.
- JiffyDOS Rom images have been added to the list of known images.
CRT Monitor emulation
- Dot mask emulation has been modified to not darken the screen any more.
- It is now possible to set the bloom radius individually for each color channel.
- Cathode rays can be shifted relative to each other.
- Added support for the Expert cartridge.
- Cardridge buttons are now displayed in the bottom bar as small (clickable) icons.
- Now users can choose whether to save the emulator texture (low res) or the upscaled texture (hi res).
- If menu item “Save Snapshot…” is selected, emulation is paused until the screenshot has been saved
- Upgraded ReSID to the version used in VICE V3.3.
- While the emulator is running, the sampling rate is adjusted automatically to reduce buffer underflows and overflows.
- Fixed a bug that made FastSID unusable on audio hardware with a sample rate other than 44.1khz.
- The assignment of keystrokes to joystick events has been improved when multiple keys are pressed at the same time.