Developer daddlerTL3 has released his latest update of BreadAMP which is basically “Winamp for your Breadbox”. It uses the REU of the 1541ultimate as a storage device that holds the music data.
The first 2 tracks of the demo file are stereo which only play properly on a stereo C64, the other tracks are mono with different quality settings.
New in this version:
- Stereo support for C64s with 2 SIDs or FPGASID (second SID must be located at memory locatioin $D500, will be set automatically when using a FPGASID).
- Long play formats which provide a lower audio quality, but a significantly longer play time (up to 97 minutes and 44 seconds).
- Automatic configuration when using a FPGASID, which can play all files regardless for which SID they were created.
- Ability to change the playback order of the tracks.
- Controls using the joystick(s).
- Format display which provides informations about the file (SID type, TV system, FPGASID mode).
- Border, backgound and text colors can be changed.
- “disco mode” which changes the border and / or background color every second of playback.
- Enhanced error detection (wrong TV system / machine type, file for FPGASID but no FPGASID installed).
- Backwards compatibility: the player can also play files for v02.