XC=BASIC is a dialect of the BASIC programming language for the Commodore 64 and xcbasic64 is a cross compiler that compiles an XC=BASIC program to 6502 machine code trough the DASM macro assembler. It runs on Windows, Linux and Mac OS. The name XC=BASIC stands for “Cross Compiled BASIC”.
What’s new in version 2.3?
(1) New GitHub action for automatic build
(2) Removed binaries from source repository
(3) The executable now calls DASM – no more bash scripts
(4) Added command line options for debugging purpose
(5) FOR now supports STEP and became a little faster
(6) Bug fixes