Z64K developer William McCabe has been hard at work updating Z64K and has reached a 2.1.1 release – [Build 20230326.1051]
The following changes have been made since I last reported in October of 2022.
- Set default rendering type via general settings in global settings.
- “Randomize” c64 and c128 default color RAM. Sample taken from the uninitialized color RAM block 0on a real C128 at powerup.
- Include monitor help text for io command. (text stolen from VICE) 🙂
- Improved CRT performance and emulation.
- C128 ASCII/DIN selection persists into C64 mode.
- Z80 IN/OUT accesses RAM from $d000-$dfff for locations $0000-$1000 only when RAM bank 0 is mapped in.
- Fixed bug with monitor when banking in ROMusing bank command for c128
- Z80 port accesses the same as memory access for undefined IO ranges.
- Fixed bug that sometimes caused the incorrect RAM bank being relocated with p0/p1 swap
- FF0x mmu control available using Z80 IN/OUT commands in c128 mode
- Video Immediately syncs to new frequency. c128 demo #1 behaves like real hardware.
- Color RAM always available in memory locations $1000-$13ff in Z80 c64 mode with memory and port accesses
- c128 z80 can access color RAM at locations $d800-$dbff in addition to $1000 to $1400 using port instructions.
- Fix bug that would crash the assemble rwhen using indirect JMP
- Always use color ram bank 1 when in c64 mode
- More updates to improve c128 mmu in c64 modeas discussed at VICE / Bugs / #1835 x128 RAM bank selection faulty in 64 mode
- Fixed bug introduced in last update that killed c128 cartridge support related to relocatable p0/p1
- Remappable zero page and stack page disabled in c64 mode.
- Fix mmu behavior in c64 mode as discussed at VICE / Bugs / #1835 x128 RAM bank selection faulty in 64 mode
- Fixed bug where mouse wheel scrolling could cause the emulator to lock up.
- Fixed bug that prevented saving of the second side of d71 disk images.