Z64K developer William McCabe has been hard at working updating Z64K. With a new release [Build 20190615.0940] of version 1.2.3 the following updates have been made:
- Update of character base address should be applied immediately (VDC register 28, confirmed with VDC split test program). Re-enabled Character Vertical Size(VDC register 23). VDC 101 100% supported now. 🙂
- Improved latching of VDC char base address. Almost there… Artifacts between logo and scroller of VDC101 no longer appear. Still need to fix smooth x scrolling for logo and remove artifacts above logo.
- Fixed a bug with character vertical size. VDC101 logo imageshows correctly in demo linked in next dot point.
- Fixed a bug with VDC register 6. Still not perfect yet but a huge improvement running VDC101
- Resetting c128 also resets d030 test bit.
- Fixed bug in Pitfall II wherefirst and last column of pixels displayed incorrectly that was reintroduced in a recent update.
- Added 64K EF cartridge support for Atari 2600
- Fixed bug that didn’t set correct bank selection registers for ROMS with 3 x 4K ROMS. Updated RAM size detection code for SC to detect variable RAM sizes. FA (RAM Plus) cartridges work now.
- Fixed colour priority of TIA playfield in score mode.
- Allow loading of .a26 file extension.
- Fix minor bug with TIA RESP timing. 32 text demo show correct spacing for all rows now.
- Slightly improved TIA NUSIZ register behaviour when updatedduring draw
- Adjusted behaviour of TIA NUSIZ when registerupdated close to drawing of pixels. Fixes jitter in Meltdown.
- Fixed correct Palette selection for Atari 2600 PAL/NTSC.
- Added most of the Thumb mode ARM commands for DPC+ cartridge.
- Attempting to load a weird size Atari Cartridge no longer crashes the emulator.
- Fixed bug with DCP+ function 2. Gizzle Snow, Pac-man Eat-Run, and The Quest display correctly now.
- Fixed ARM BCS instruction
- Added some ARM support for Atari 2600 DPC+ cartridge. Frantic Freddy is playable now.
- Added Atari 2600 DPC+ cartridge support
- Slightly adjust Atari 2600 crystal clock speed to be 3.579575 MHz
- Added Atari 2600 Spectravideo Compumate support
- Fixed graphics in first and last pixel column in Pitfall II
- Atari 2600 Pitfall II support.
- Updates to TIA RESP timing during draw. 32 char demo now has correct spacing.