Clear all

SD2IEC Reader Question

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@havok)
Sysop Admin
Topic starter  

I'm curious and want to get everyone's opinion on this. There are several SD2IEC+ choices available for the C64. My question is... "Which SD2IEC reader do you have/prefer and why?"

Thanks

][avok

(@commodoremo)
Eminent Member

I've been very happy with the SD2IEC from The Future Was 8-bit.

www.thefuturewas8bit.com

It's the only one I've ever used, so really don't have any other ones to compare it to. What I like is that it's small in size, looks like a miniature C= disk drive, and can get them in different colors. It's also extremely fast with JiffyDOS.  Never had a problem with it. I got tired of moving it between different computers so got a couple more. One of them is setup on a test BBS.

-Mo

ReplyQuote
(@havok)
Sysop Admin
Topic starter  

@commodoremo Thanks Mo. That's the model I've primarily been looking at. Nice color options as well. The SX-64 one is my favorite.

I notice that some of their models have a tape drive connector and others don't. It seems to be by design. What's your take on that?

][avok

ReplyQuote
(@commodoremo)
Eminent Member

All of mine have the tape drive connector for power. Prefer it since I never connect anything to that port. i did have to add a longer wire for the one I use on a C128D since tape port is on the side. I have a user port connector and hood I could solder on if I ever wanted to use one on an SX-64.

-Mo

][avok reacted
ReplyQuote
(@havok)
Sysop Admin
Topic starter  

Sounds cool. Doubt I'll ever get a 128D, but stranger things have happened. Thanks for the input Mo. 

][avok

ReplyQuote
Share: