This is a repeating event10/10/2021 9:00 am
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, bool given in /var/www/theoasisbbs.com/wp-content/plugins/eventON/includes/calendar/class-calendar-event-structure.php on line 61
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, bool given in /var/www/theoasisbbs.com/wp-content/plugins/eventON/includes/calendar/class-calendar-event-structure.php on line 64
VCF East is for everyone! Computer geeks, families/children, students, collectors, IT professionals, curious onlookers… #vcfeast VCF East will be a virtual hybrid show for 2020. The dates for the live show will be
VCF East is for everyone! Computer geeks, families/children, students, collectors, IT professionals, curious onlookers… #vcfeast
VCF East will be a virtual hybrid show for 2020.
The dates for the live show will be October 10 & 11. Times will be released after we figure out the schedule, but expect a 9AM to 6PM time range for each day.
We already have exhibitors, class instructors and presenters signed up.
Exhibitors can submit a 5 to 10 minute video or show their exhibit in-person at InfoAge.
Sign up here: https://forms.gle/24CeNpKFDwVmLeMR9
Class Instructors can submit a 30 minute video on their how-to class.
Sign up here: https://forms.gle/kFhoGKuPBcSAWRHKA
I know that this will be a great disappointment to many. I had hoped that after 4 months that conditions would have improved to the point that the show could be in-person, but limitations in indoor capacity makes the effort to organize an in-person show prohibitive. We considered the time, effort, money and safety to make an in-person show.
But don’t despair! Our virtual hybrid show will still be a lot of fun!
We can still make the show great despite being a virtual hybrid.
VCF West, K-Fest and HOPE have shown that a fun show can still be created while being virtual. What do I mean “virtual hybrid”? Our plan is to have a two day event where there will be a mixture of pre-recorded videos as well as live demonstrations of exhibits. Live attendance at InfoAge will be limited to exhibitors and show administrators.
I see this event as an opportunity to show off exhibitors who normally wouldn’t be able to make the show due to distance or circumstances. I will be sending out more details about our plans as we develop them. In the meantime, I will be contacting exhibitors, class instructors and speakers to start making videos to send to me.
- Saturday: 9:00am – 6:00pm (schedule to be determined)
- Sunday: 9:00am-6:00pm (schedule to be determined)
Where: Vintage Computer Federation’s YouTube channel
- Bill Mensch: The Commodore Years (Interviewed by Stephen Edwards) – Bill recounts his years at Commodore.
- Stefany Allaire: The C256 Foenix. Description of the development of this retro computer based on the WDC 65C816 running @ 14Mhz.
- Stephen Edwards: Inside the Apple II Circuit-level details of how video is generated, the limited I/O devices. A complement to his assembly language presentation at VCF West 2020
- Bob Roswell: The Linotype Machine
- Wil Lindsay: How to program a Virtual Machine from 1978. What contemporary game design students can learn from old technologies
- Fred Carl: History of Camp Evans A synopsis of the interesting history of Camp Evans from the Marconi Tower to Camp Evans to the InfoAge science musuems.
Classes: Final schedule to be determined.
Exhibits: Exhibit registration is open. You will choose either a pre-recorded exhibit with Q&A afterwards or a in-person exhibit with Q&A afterwards. Please register now for an exhibit. Deadline for submitted videos is September 19.
Contact: Jeffrey Brace — [email protected]
10 (Saturday) 9:00 am - 11 (Sunday) 6:00 pm EST