Z64K developer William McCabe has been hard at working updating Z64K and has reached a 2.1.0 release – [Build 20210711.1143]
The following changes have been made since I last updated this application.
- Adjusted disk SYNC detection. his-protection test passes.
- Enabled Internal Palette selector available in settings.
- Updated default VDC palette to c128-vdc-deekay.vpl as suggested by Deekay in the readme of the Colour Spectrum demo.
- Freespin runs on 1571 drive in addition to 1541
- C128 support of drive GPU required for Freespin demo
- Improved sync detection. Freespin display a lot more stable (when it actually runs).
- Fixed bug with VIA reset code that would lock drive if PB7 output was on. Freespin no longer locks the drive after reset.
- Show correct frames/second in the frame title for all video chips, including simulated drive gpu.
- Added sound support for Freespin demo. note: Demo still does not run reliably every time yet in emulation but it is improving.
- Improved Freespin demo support. Better drive sync detection. Displays graphical effects correctly (when it works) warning: sometimes crashes the drive where the entire emulator needs to be closed and restarted. Freespin support is still a work in progress.
To play the Freespin demo, after the drive code has loaded, select Drive GPU from Machine settings==> Model panel. When screen turn blacks reattach the same disk image to start the demo.
- Fix debugging of Z80 LD A,I and LD A,R
- Added option to use disk drive as GPU for Freespin demo. note: Not reliable and does not play sounds yet.
- Some improvements to userport rs232 emulation.
- Fix disassembly of Z80 F9 toLD SP,HL
- ZX Spectrum – experimental SID option at port xxcf when xx is the SID register. Currently when SID is enabled, beeper and AY are disabled.